Garvey Plumbing & Heating provides a 24/7 callout service for any plumbing-related emergency in South London. Our emergency plumbers share more than 60 years of trade experience, so we understand that situations like leaking toilets and burst pipes arise unexpectedly and at any time of day. Plumbing services restricted to normal business hours provide no help to homeowners with water flooding across floors or down walls. In order to minimise damage to property, control the situation and restore safety, Garvey Plumbing & Heating remains on call year-round, ensuring we are always there when you need us most.
Our emergency plumbers undertake plumbing services within a 15-mile radius of our base in South Chelsea. As such, we have long been established as the trusted choice for property owners in Balham, Battersea, Clapham, Fulham, Kensington, Wandsworth and the neighbouring areas.
We have the expertise to handle any emergency situation, so please call us on 07881 277 385 or 07984 891 289. Our emergency plumbers will ask questions to ascertain the extent and severity of your situation, before issuing instructions ahead of our arrival.
Burst pipes don’t always reveal themselves as a kitchen flooded with water. In some cases, an unseen slow leak may end up causing just as much damage. Regardless of your situation, Garvey Plumbing & Heating offers a full range of plumbing services following our emergency work, ensuring you receive the complete service package.
If you discover any kind of burst or leaking pipe in your Battersea, Clapham, Wandsworth or wider South London area home, you must take the following action:
• Turn Off Your Water Supply Immediately – For the utmost safety, locate your stopcock and shut off the water supply. You must not switch it back on until our emergency plumbers have fixed the damaged pipe
• Open the Taps and Drain the System – Draining the water out of the pipes as quickly as possible helps to minimise damage. Homeowners should open every tap in the property, let the water drain free of run-off, then close the taps once again
• Soak Up Any Excess Water – Use towels to soak up the water that has escaped. Not only will this further minimise water damage to flooring, it also ensures safety against slipping and potential electrical problems
• Make Your Electrics Safe – Even if you have the smallest suspicion that water has come into contact with your electrics, switch off the power at the mains. If you think water has affected an appliance, do not turn it on until it has dried out and been inspected by a qualified electrician
• Call Your Insurance Provider – Most insurers have a 24-hour emergency helpline. Call them to advise on your next steps. Take photos to document the damage to your property
• Call Our Emergency Plumbers – We arrive as swiftly as possible to properties in Battersea, Clapham, Wandsworth and the surrounding areas. Upon arrival, a plumber will inspect your system, highlighting the problem, or problems, that led to the emergency. We then recommend the appropriate plumbing services to resolve the issue